February 2005 / Volume 50 / Number 2
34th RESPIRATORY CARE Journal Conference
Applied Respiratory Physiology: Use of Ventilator Waveforms and Mechanics in the Management of Critically Ill Patients
Part II: A Special Issue
Dean R Hess PhD RRT FAARC
Luca M Bigatello MD
- Ventilator Waveforms and the Physiology of Pressure Support Ventilation
- by Dean R Hess—Boston, Massachusetts
- The Role of Ventilator Graphics When Setting Dual-Control Modes
- by Richard D Branson and Jay A Johannigman—Cincinnati, Ohio
- Using Ventilator Graphics to Identify Patient-Ventilator Asynchrony
- by Jon O Nilsestuen—Galveston, Texas and Kenneth D Hargett—Houston, Texas
- Respiratory Mechanics and Ventilator Waveforms in the Patient With Acute Lung Injury
- by Luca M Bigatello, Kristopher R Davignon, and Henry Thomas Stelfox—Boston, Massachusetts
- Ventilator Graphics and Respiratory Mechanics in the Patient With Obstructive Lung Disease
- by Rajiv Dhand—Columbia, Missouri
- Using Ventilator and Cardiovascular Graphics in the Patient Who Is Hemodynamically Unstable
- by Bryant A Murphy and Charles G Durbin Jr—Charlottesville, Virginia
- Respiratory Mechanics in the Patient Who is Weaning From the Ventilator
- by Neil R MacIntyre—Durham, North Carolina
- Conference Summary. Applied Respiratory Physiology: Use of Ventilator Waveforms and Mechanics in the Management of Critically Ill Patients
- by Charles G Durbin Jr—Charlottesville, Virginia
Books, Films, Tapes, & Software
- Clinical Blood Gases: Assessment and Intervention, 2nd edition.
- reviewed by Rozanna Templin—Chicago, Illinois
- Physiology of Sport and Exercise, 3rd edition.
(Wilmore JH, Costill DL)
- reviewed by Catherine M Foss—Durham, North Carolina
- Fundamentals of Lung and Heart Sounds, 3rd edition.
(Wilkins RL, Hodgkin JE, Lopez B)
- reviewed by Cynthia Finesilver—Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Cardiopulmonary Imaging.
(Kazerooni EA, Gross BH)
- reviewed by J Andrew Hill—Seattle, Washington
- Thoracoscopy for Physicians: A Practical Guide.
(Buchanan DR, Neville E)
- reviewed by Armin Ernst—Boston, Massachusetts
- Writing and Defending Your IME Report: The Comprehensive Guide.
(Babitsky S, Mangraviti JJ, Melhorn JM)
- reviewed by John J Kraus—Malvern, Pennsylvania